As we are excited about the prospect of Victoria beginning to reopen it is important we do everything we can to keep our businesses, workers and our community safe.
CreativeCubes.Co will follow the mandate set out by the Victorian Government (DHHS\CHO) and have implemented the necessary systems and policies to support our members and staff. As always we are committed to creating a safe return back to the office.
More information regarding the COVID-19 Digital Certificate to utilising the Service Victoria QR Code will be shared shortly.
When can I return to the office and do I need to be vaccinated?
The Victorian Government and Chief Health Officer (CHO) have published their intention that it will be the obligation of each employer to confirm the vaccination status of staff and that being “double-vaxed” will form part of our return to work journey at least for the foreseeable future.
While the information provided in the Vic Gov Roadmap out of Lockdown has been more focused on personal and social restrictions we are hopeful that more information regarding our return to the office will be made available soon.
As of today our return to work roadmap can be summarised as follows:
Prior to 80% Double Vaccination – indicative date 5th Nov 2021
- Prior to the 80% Double-vaxed milestone Authorised providers are able to have Authorised workers onsite in the office. As such, CreativeCubes.Co has remained operational to those members in this category.
- From 15 October 2021, in order to work onsite at a work premises, you must be able to provide evidence to your employer that you have:
- received at least your first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, or
- have a booking to receive your first dose by 22 October 2021, or
- have a medical exemption evidenced by an authorised medical practitioner
- This means that from 22 October 2021 onwards, you need to have received at least your first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine (unless you have a medical exemption) to attend work.
- From 26 November 2021, you will also be required to provide evidence to your employer that you have received your second dose (unless you have a medical exemption) to attend work.
Post 80% Double Vaccination
- As per the Victorian Roadmap, from the indicative date of the 5th of November “you can go to work if fully vaccinated”
- Note the 80% Double Vaccination milestone may be reached earlier. Nonetheless we will be required to await further announcements from the Victorian Government and CHO regarding this date and the policies around it.
Further information beyond this point has yet to be announced.
CreativeCubes.Co will, at all times, maintain our high levels of cleanliness and hygiene throughout all our spaces in order to support our members Covid-Safe Plans and return to work policies.
What is my obligation as a CreativeCubes.Co Member?
It is essential for our members to understand their responsibilities as an employer and consider the right policies for their team, staff, and guests entering any CreativeCubes.Co workplace. The CreativeCubes.Co Leadership Team is available to support and consult on these matters.
While employer obligations may change over time the current rules set out by the Victorian Government regarding employer and employee vaccination requirements can be found here.
“Employers of workers…are responsible for complying with these vaccination requirements and must collect, record and hold vaccination information for any worker going on-site.”
It is therefore expected that each of our members as employers comply with the above direction and confirm the vaccination status of their employees, contractors, volunteers and guests that come onsite.
CreativeCubes.Co will support our members where necessary in order to comply with the above rules, however, it is expected that our member teams will collect and store vaccination records of their own team (employees, contractors, volunteers and guests) in a way that is appropriate for their organisation.
CreativeCubes.Co as an employer has fulfilled all of our obligations as outlined above.
More information regarding the COVID-19 Digital Certificate to utilising the Service Victoria QR Code will be shared shortly in support of the above.
Will CreativeCubes.Co be verifying every vaccination status?
Verifying the vaccination status of each employee, contractor, volunteer and guest that comes onsite is the responsibility of each member as an employer and is to be facilitated in a way that is appropriate for their organisation.
In line with the direction from the CHO, anyone entering into the office space will need to be “fully-vaxed” or hold a medical exemption. Therefore if a member invites their employee, contractor, volunteer and guest into the workplace, verifying the vaccination status of each employee, contractor, volunteer and guest that comes onsite is the responsibility of each member as an employer. This is to be facilitated in a way that is appropriate for their organisation.
For clarity, anyone who is not fully vaccinated or holding a medical exemption is asked to stay home until the direction from the CHO changes.
Please let us know if there is anything CreativeCubes.Co can do to support you here or if you would like to discuss this further.
Finally, if you or your team feel as though they will be unable to comply with the Victorian Government and CHO directions as outlined above please reach out to us as soon as possible.