Working within Creativecubes.Co you will be surrounded by a team who loves what they do supports everyone’s ideas and is relentless in creating the best coworking experience Melbourne has to offer. A rapidly growing business with big aspirations, this is the perfect time to be part of the growth of CreativeCubes.Co. For the right candidate, there is a great opportunity for growth & development as the business grows in the years ahead.
We are the home of many small, medium and enterprise businesses that operate out of our facility on a daily, weekly, monthly and long-term basis.
About This Role
Within our business are four sub-businesses and brands namely Coworking, Events, Yoga and Food & Bev. We currently have a need for a finance team member to assist with bookkeeping, accounts and contract admin to support the finance function of the group. The role reports directly to the CFO.
The current role is a part-time one (2-3 days per week) with the potential to grow to full time in the future and become a more senior member of the finance team.
- Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable
- Bank Reconciliation
- COGS and Inventory Reconciliation
- Reconcile Sales and Debtors between operations systems
- Assist in setting up member contracts in Coworking system
- Monthly Accruals and Journals
- BAS and IAS lodgment
- Cash flow management
- High standards of outcomes – accounting tasks are completed in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensure service standards are in accordance with our brand and Happiness Team values
- Maintain strong relationships with key suppliers, and service providers
- Maintain a strong professional relationship with members and collogues
- Provide member and supplier resolutions for all issues/concerns in an expedient and professional manner by creatively solving the issue to exceed expectations and ensure member satisfaction
- Contribute to a work environment that promotes teamwork, recognition and mutual respect
What You Bring To The Team
All roles in our business must support the Happiness Team vision which is heavily centered around Member Experience…
- Strong understanding of accounting principles\practices and ability to proactively manage the accounting task
- Ability to establish, maintain and improve procedures with respect finance and accounting.
- Ability to deal with a fast-paced and changing environment
- Exceptional time & task management is a must
- Team Player and a “whatever it takes” attitude
- Great Attention to Detail
- Confident with advanced communication skills
- Demonstrated track record of performance in a similar role in a fast-paced environment
- An appreciation for start-ups and community
- An entrepreneurial spirit, self-motivated and hardworking
- 2+ year’s experience in a similar role
- Studying \ Completed University or TAFE preferred
- Customer Service experience preferred
- Expert user in Xero a must
- Understands APIs, EDI, webhooks, etc.
- Developed workflows and written procedures
- Demonstrated strong moral values, empathy, passion, career aspirations, and positive living
When applying (below) please provide a cover letter answering:
- Why are you great for the role?
- What are the journal entries for a rental invoice for April dated 26th March?
- Confirm your right to work in Australia
- Confirm how many years of accounts payable experience do you have
- Confirm you have experience using Microsoft Excel
- Confirm you have experience in a data entry role