Branching out from the four walls of a traditional business office can be daunting if you’ve never done it. Moving to a new location, downsizing, upsizing, new people; it’s a big change. Finding the right space to suit your business size, style and needs can also be a challenge when you don’t know what you’re looking for, or what you do and don’t need.
Just like updating from a Nokia 3310 to a shiny new Apple iPhone is a learning curve, sinking into the swing of co-working can be too. But, once you’ve worked out where the kitchen is, what days the massage raffle is drawn and who sits where – you’ll never want to go back to the dusty partitioned confines of boring old-school offices.
Location, location, location.
Location is just as important if you’re working very little too. If you need somewhere reliable and professional for a few hours a week, or just a few days, co-working is a great solution. Private meeting rooms are perfect for hourly, daily, weekly or monthly meetings, and they’re professional. It doesn’t matter if you work in your pyjamas at home most of the time, when you need a space to host the team or meet with clients, co-working spaces can be the ultimate solution. Co-working is a flexible and cost-effective option for sole-traders, small teams, SMB’s SME’s and even big businesses!
Securing an office in inner-city Melbourne is also near impossible these days and if you do find one, that long term commitment and expense to just get the space to a respectable representation is significant. Plugging into a co-working space and all of that is done for you. Save yourself the groundwork of searching, negotiating and dealing with commercial real estate agents, and walk into a pre-prepared office. No endless hunting, no five-year leases, no one-sided contracts. Just easy, central, co-working.
Co-working office amenities are ten times better than standard office amenities. Having the best office amenities available is essential. You mightn’t think that sparkling water can make or break your day, but it might. It’s the little details that make the difference. Super-fast internet, 24×7 memberships for those who like to work on their own terms, access to world-class events, dedicated meeting rooms, presentation facilities, a-grade printing facilities, mail service, and concierge give you the best of the best compared to trying to build and handle it yourself.
If you’re managing your own office or you’re thinking about leasing on your own office, there’s a long list of monthly chores to stay on top of;
- Building & construction management,
- Bathroom cleaning,
- Kitchen cleaning,
- Building insurance,
- Internet bills,
- Making sure the printer always has ink & paper
You’ve got enough on your plate without that list & when you’re co-working its all handled for you!
We’re at a point in time where you should focus on what you’re best at, turn up, plug and play, and build your company. If you’re a no-frills kind of person and just want a comfortable desk, an ergonomic chair and reliable internet, co-working spaces have that too!
If you don’t know what you need in an office, or if you’re unsure about what makes co-working the right choice for you, consider the pros…
- If you like someone else managing the monthly internet bills, cleaning bills and power bills, co-working is right for you.
- If you can’t find a private office in the location of your dreams that tickets your budget boxes, but you’re happy to share a building with like-minded people, co-working is right for you.
- If you want to walk out of the office each night knowing the bathroom and kitchen will be shiny, clean and fresh when you walk in tomorrow, co-working is right for you.
- If you’d rather someone else manage your incoming and outgoing mail, deal with the couriers, and handle the logistics of parcels, co-working is right for.
- If you want the added bonus of stepping away from your desk at lunch to debrief and destress with a yoga session or a high intensity fitness session on site, co-working is right for you.
- If you’re open to the possibilities of bumping into a potential client, a collaborative partner or even an investor in the hallway, co-working is right for you.
- If you want to work hard, play hard, celebrate the small (and big!) wins, and work alongside a community of people that get what it’s all about, co-working is definitely right for.